Stalled out trying to write more when you have so many balls in the air?
Have a million things on your to-do list, and writing keeps falling to the bottom?
As academics, we need to be project managers as well as scholars and educators.
You don’t need more time to write: you need to learn how to look at your writing like a project manager.
Writing Strategy Sessions are two one-on-one calls with me where we deep dive into your writing projects. Using Trello (an easy-to-use, visual project management system), we list out all your writing projects, break them down into tasks, and schedule them out together. You’ll leave with your publication pipeline mapped out and a clear, doable plan of action. And better yet, you’ll have a system in place to keepmanaging your writing projects. No more writing-at-the-bottom-of-the-list!
As part of your Writing Strategy Sessions, I work one-on-one with your to craft your academic mission statement so all your project management has your true calling at heart. We make a clear plan for whenyou’ll be working on your writing–a plan that considers your individual responsibilities and time demands.
This intense one-on-one work is designed transform your writing practice. You can do this! I can help.
Before working with Cathy I dreaded writing and avoided the task, which led to guilt and affected how I felt about my work as a whole. Before I finished my first coaching block with Cathy I had an article submitted and two more planned out for my ‘pipeline’. My approach to writing and my attitude toward it underwent a complete transformation. Now, instead of dreading the task, I find myself looking for ways to carve out more time to write. With Cathy’s help I recognize the importance of small blocks of time, building on small successes, and scheduling time. Cathy seemed to really ‘get’ where I was at. She was warm and encouraging and provided specific, practical strategies that really made a difference for me. I’m tremendously grateful for her guidance and support and the change it has wrought in my life.
Here’s what we’ll do in our Writing Strategy Sessions:
- Dig deep into your academic goals and articulate an academic mission statement
- Learn how to use your academic mission statement to make decisions about your time, including how to take on new projects and when to say no
- Develop a plan to manage your current workload, with an emphasis on finishing in-process writing projects and submitting them for publication
- Strategically craft a publication pipeline
- Learn how to manage your publication pipeline to avoid “blockages”—areas where writing projects stall out or get stuck
- Overcome common writing blocks such as guilt, overwhelm, anxiety, and impostor syndrome
By the end of our Writing Strategy Sessions, you will be able to:
- Divide writing projects into manageable chunks and schedule them out to completion
- Select projects that are in line with your academic mission
- Manage your time so that time-draining activities like email and meetings are corralled and your writing gets the time and energy it deserves
- Publish more because you are in control of your writing and have a clear direction for your career
Writing Strategy Sessions: $499, payable upon booking
Session 1: 90 minute deep-dive
Session 2: 30-minute follow-up
BONUS: 15 minute accountability call
The Writing Strategy Session includes access to me via email to help and support you as you implement your new writing project management system